Forbes Names Strive Health a Best Startup Employer for a Second Consecutive YearAuthor : Strive Health
DENVER — March 7, 2023 — Strive Health, the national leader in value-based kidney care, was recognized by Forbes as one of America’s Best Startup Employers for the second consecutive year. This is the fifth “best place to work” recognition Strive has received in the past year.
America’s Best Startup Employers 2023 recognizes 500 up-and-coming companies liked best by their employees based on research conducted by Forbes in collaboration with market research company Statista Inc. Strive ranked 76 on the list, which was announced today and can be viewed on the Forbes website.
Companies were selected based on a methodology that included an analysis of over 7 million data points to evaluate employer excellence in three ways:
- Employee Satisfaction: Extensive research was conducted on average length of employment and online employer reviews.
- Employer Reputation: Company specific information was algorithmically extracted from media channels such as news sites, blogs and social networks.
- Company Growth: Comprehensive evaluations of headcount growth rates, industry-referenced job openings and website traffic.
To be considered for the ranking, employers needed to:
- Be founded between 2013 and 2020
- Have a headquarters in the U.S.
- Employ at least 50 people
- Operate independently, not as part of a bigger organization
- Not be publicly traded
“We are thrilled that Forbes has recognized Strive as one of America’s Best Startup Employers for a second year,” said Dave Thornton, Chief People Officer at Strive. “This award points to the tireless efforts of Strivers to continue to create an excellent place to work, grow the company and provide complete care to people with kidney conditions.”
Strive works with providers and payors to care for patients with kidney disease in a value-based setting. Strive’s programs put the patient first, improve outcomes and lower total cost of care. Strive’s innovative approach to value-based kidney care has yielded strong results with a 20% reduction in the total cost of care, 42% reduction in hospital admissions, 86% improvement in optimal starts of renal replacement therapy and greater than 90% patient satisfaction.1
In 2022, Strive was named America’s Best Startup Employer by Forbes, Best Place to Work by Built In Colorado, Best Place to Work in Denver by Comparably and Best Tech Startup in Denver by The Tech Tribune.
In one year, Strive’s workforce more than doubled in size. Today Strive employs 500 Strivers — and growing. To explore career opportunities at Strive, visit https://Boards.Greenhouse.io/StriveHealth.
ABOUT STRIVE HEALTH
Strive Health is the nation’s leader in value-based kidney care and partner of choice for innovative healthcare payors and providers. Using a unique combination of technology-enabled care interventions and seamless integration with local providers, Strive forms an integrated care delivery system that supports the entire patient journey from chronic kidney disease (CKD) to end-stage kidney disease (ESKD). To help patients, Strive partners with commercial and Medicare Advantage payors, Medicare, health systems and physicians through flexible value-based payment arrangements, including risk-based programs. As of February 2023, Strive serves over 73,000 CKD and ESKD patients across 30 states and partners with over 500 nephrology providers across 10 states. Strive’s case management and population health programs are accredited by the National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA), and its technology platform, CareMultiplier™, is certified by HITRUST. To learn more, visit StriveHealth.com.
- >90% patient satisfaction number is based on a market-specific Strive Health patient satisfaction survey of the most complex patients. “Complex” is the highest-risk tier in Strive’s composite risk-scoring model, which uses factors such as the Charlson Comorbidity Index, CDC Social Vulnerability Index and prior hospital visits.