Strive Health Celebrates Five Years: Strivers Reflect on Their Favorite MomentsStrive Health
Five years ago, Strive Health CEO Chris Riopelle and Chief Growth Officer Will Stokes, saw an opportunity to deliver compassionate kidney care the way it should be done. In October 2018, they co-founded Strive to put patients first, improve outcomes and lower total cost of care. Since then, Strive has grown its team from two to over 600 employees (aka Strivers), partners with over 700 nephrology providers and now serves more than 100,000 patients across 30 states.
In honor of Strive’s five-year milestone, several Strivers reflected on their time at Strive and shared their favorite moments so far.
• “I have spent the last year traveling around the country meeting Strivers in Kentucky, California and Colorado. My favorite memory was when the Provider Engagement team worked with the dietitian and enrollment teams on a live cooking demo in Indiana. It was a wonderful event filled with education, enrollments and, most importantly, good food.” – Lizy Pierson, Provider Integration Manager
• “One of my favorite memories was walking through the National Kidney Foundation’s spring clinicals with fellow Striver, Shanita Eccles, and seeing Dr. Alice Wei’s Healio cover story on a poster ahead of us as we squealed, “We know her!” – Jennie Laflen, Clinical Operations Sr. Manager
• “I had the opportunity to talk with Strive’s patient advisory board last month. It was so incredible to hear the advisors advocate for our patients.” – Emily Simon, Associate of Clinical Research
• “My favorite moments are the times I’ve spent with our Strivers! A memory in the top five would be making pasta from scratch during a team-building event.” – Alice Wei, MD, Officer of the Chief Medical Office
• “Recently, after months of dedicated efforts from the Ohio Comprehensive Kidney Care Contracting team to address transportation and social determinants challenges for a particular patient, the patient successfully started peritoneal dialysis at home.” – Heather Esber, Director of Market Operations
• “I loved participating in an LGBTQIA+ discussion with fellow Striver Mela Salinas and being chosen as a recipient of a $300 donation to The Trevor Project.” – Anahi Partida, Associate of Talent Development