Veggie Scramble with ToastAuthor : Strive Health
Elevate scrambled eggs with this veggie-packed, nutrient-rich scramble! This balanced breakfast will keep you satisfied all morning due to the fiber from the veggies and the healthy fats and protein from the eggs. The toast is a bonus addition!
- 2 slices whole wheat toast
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup raw spinach leaves
- ½ cup diced red bell peppers
- ½ cup sliced mushrooms
- ¼ cup chopped yellow onion
- 1 Tbsp plant-based butter
- ⅛ tsp salt
- Spray a frying pan with nonstick cooking spray. Turn the heat to medium-high and then add the spinach and chopped vegetables. Cook until the vegetables are tender.
- Crack the eggs into the frying pan and scramble together with the cooked vegetables.
- Place the scrambled eggs on a plate. Season with salt.
- Toast the slices of bread and spread butter on top. Serve on the side.
Serves 1 / Nutrition info per serving: Calories 390, Fat 21g, Carbs 33g, Protein 22g, Sodium 770mg