Southwest Breakfast TacosAuthor : Strive Health
Spice up your breakfast routine with these easy and healthy tacos. The bell peppers are nutrient-dense, the black beans add fiber, and the jalapeno adds a nice helping of vitamin C. Tip: Remove the jalapeno seeds and inner membrane to reduce the spice level.
- 4 6-inch corn tortillas
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup no salt added black beans
- 1 cup chopped mixed bell peppers
- ½ cup chopped onion
- 1 jalapeño pepper, minced
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 Tbsp Mrs. Dash taco seasoning
- ½ tsp salt
- In a frying pan, add the beans, bell peppers, onions, jalapeño peppers, olive oil, taco seasoning, and salt. Cook on medium-high heat until the vegetables are well cooked.
- Crack the eggs into pan and then scramble together with bean and vegetable mixture.
- Fill each corn tortilla with the scrambled egg mixture and then serve.
Serves 2 / Nutrition info per serving: Calories 470, Fat 21g, Carbs 56g, Protein 20g, Sodium 670mg