Roasted Vegetable CouscousAuthor : Strive Health
Wanting to embrace a plant-based lifestyle? Need to use up some veggies that are on their last leg? Try this healthy and delicious “cheat sheet” recipe that’s all done on one sheet pan. Line the sheet pan with foil, and there’ll be no fighting over who has to do the dishes!
- One 15.5-ounce can no salt added chickpeas
- 1 ½ cups small broccoli florets
- 1 ½ cups chopped carrots
- 1 ½ cups chopped red bell pepper
- 1 ¼ cups low-sodium vegetable stock
- 1 cup dry whole grain couscous
- ½ cup chopped fresh mint, basil, or parsley
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- Dash seasoning blend
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Toss vegetables and chickpeas together with 2 tablespoons of the olive oil and Mrs. Dash seasoning. Spread out in an even layer on a rimmed and foil-lined baking sheet.
- Roast until the vegetables are softened and browned, about 15-20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, bring the stock to a boil in a small saucepan.
- When veggies are cooked, remove sheet pan from the oven and sprinkle the dry couscous in an even layer on top of the veggies and chickpeas, then drizzle with the remaining olive oil.
- Pour the boiling stock over the top of the couscous and cover the sheet pan with aluminum foil to seal in the heat (have this piece of foil ready to go so you don’t lose the heat from the stock). Let sit until the couscous is cooked through, about 6 to 8 minutes.
- Remove the foil and fluff the couscous with a fork. Stir in the lemon juice and herbs.
- Serve and enjoy. This is also great when served cold the next day as leftovers!
Serves 6 / Nutrition per serving: Calories 285, Fat 9g, Carbs 44g, Protein 9g, Sodium 70mg