Pancakes with Maple SyrupAuthor : Strive Health
Most pancake and waffle mixes are high in added phosphorus which can worsen symptoms for those with chronic and end stage kidney disease. Start your day with this healthier, low phosphorus version of a classic breakfast favorite.
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup almond flour
- ¼ cup unsweetened almond milk
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp canola oil
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, almond milk, and oil until well combined.
- Fold in the dry ingredients. Whisk together until you reach a smooth consistency.
- Spray a frying pan with nonstick cooking spray and then heat it to medium-high heat.
- Pour the batter onto the pan, making medium sized pancakes. Let each pancake cook for about 2-3 minutes before flipping and then cook the other side until lightly golden brown on both sides.
- Serve with maple syrup on top.
Serves 2 / Nutrition info per serving: Calories 555, Fat 35g, Carbs 40g, Protein 18g, Sodium 245mg