Carrot Cake OatmealAuthor : Strive Health
Who says you can’t have dessert for breakfast? This recipe gives you the flavor of carrot cake in a healthy and creamy breakfast (or anytime) meal. Be sure to use finely shredded carrots that are small enough to cook through completely in the microwave.
- 1 ½ cups unsweetened almond milk
- ½ cup plain rolled or quick oats
- ¼ cup finely shredded carrots
- 2 Tbsp natural almond butter
- 2 Tbsp dried cranberries
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- Sugar substitute to taste
- Finely chop the shredded carrots into minced pieces.
- In a microwaveable bowl, add the oats, minced carrots, cranberries, cinnamon, vanilla extract, and almond milk.
- Stir ingredients together until completely combined.
- Microwave for 3-5 minutes and then remove from microwave.
- Stir in the almond butter and sugar substitute and then serve.
Serves 1 / Nutrition info per serving: Calories 450, Fat 22g, Carbs 54g, Protein 14g, Sodium 295mg