Cheesy Zucchini Pesto SauceAuthor : Strive Health
This kidney-friendly recipe puts a nutritious spin on the typical pesto sauce, and it will make any meal just a bit tastier. With its bright green color and garlicky fresh taste, you’ll love it, and so will your kidneys.
- 2 medium zucchinis
- 3 garlic cloves
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 Tbsp grated parmesan cheese
- 1 Tbsp salt-free Italian herbs
- ⅛ tsp salt
- Chop zucchini into pieces.
- Steam the zucchini and garlic until tender. Allow to cool.
- Into a blender, add the zucchini, garlic, olive oil, cheese, herbs, and salt.
- Blend together until you get a smooth consistency.
Serves 2 / Nutrition info per serving: Calories 190, Carbs 7g, Protein 5g, Sodium 300g