Strive Health Takes Series of Strides Toward Improved Care for Kidney PatientsAuthor : Strive Health
DENVER — August 9, 2022 — Strive Health, the national leader in value-based kidney care, took a series of important steps so far in 2022 to further its mission of delivering an integrated care ecosystem that supports the entire patient journey from chronic kidney disease (CKD) to end-stage kidney disease (ESKD). These strides included expanding its reach through new collaborations with top healthcare providers and payors across the country.
“In an increasingly fragmented health system, early intervention and preventative care are key to managing and slowing the progression of chronic kidney disease in a high-risk patient population,” said Chris Riopelle, Co-Founder and CEO of Strive. “The success of our recent partnerships illustrates our determination to deliver innovative care at every step in the patient journey. Ultimately, our goal is to discover better treatment options that produce better outcomes.”
Kidney disease by the numbers:
• The CDC estimates that kidney disease affects 37 million adults, including more than 38% of those over 65 years old.
• There is over $410B annually of unmanaged spend on late-stage CKD & ESKD patients in the U.S.
• Kidney disease is the ninth leading cause of death in the United States.
• More than 60% of kidney failures occur without warning.
Strive’s clinical care teams, an integral part of their comprehensive kidney care ecosystem, include nurse practitioners, dietitians, pharmacists, care coordinators and licensed clinical social workers. These team members — called the Kidney Heroes™ — transform the patient experience and serve as an extension of the patient’s physician to help manage both kidney disease and comorbid conditions. Hear what one patient had to say about her Strive experience here.
The results have been dramatic. Strive’s patient-centric care model, powered by predictive analytics, has increased optimal starts by 67%1, reduced hospitalizations among the highest-risk patients by 49%2 and reduced 30-day hospital readmissions by 36%3.
Participation in new payment models and partnership announcements to date include:
• Strive Health Becomes Largest Non-Dialysis Company to Participate in Innovative New Payment Model
• Strive Health Partners with Evolent Care Partners to Help Primary Care Providers Deliver Innovative Kidney Care to Medicare Patients
• Strive Health Expands Partnership with Nation’s Largest Nephrology Group, NANI: Hear what NANI CEO Brian O’Dea had to say about the partnership here.
• Bon Secours Mercy Health and Strive Health Team Up to Transform Kidney Care
• Regence Health Plans and Strive Health Partner to Deliver Comprehensive Kidney Care Program
The collaborations announced to date provide these partners with access to Strive Kidney Heroes™ teams, data and technology tools, administrative support and management expertise. Strive’s CareMultiplier™ technology gathers data from hundreds of sources to gain a holistic view of the patient’s experience, helping paint a picture about the risk of hospitalization or progression of their disease, enabling Kidney Heroes™ teams to tailor care based on each individual’s needs.
Workplace accolades, team recognitions and additions:
• Forbes America’s Best Startup Employers
• Built In Colorado Best Places to Work
• Comparably’s Best Places to Work in Denver
• The Tech Tribune’s Best Startups in Denver
• Strive Health Names Ted Shannon Chief Financial Officer
• Strive Health’s SVP of Market Operations Named Among Top 25 Women Leaders in Consumer Health Tech
• Shika Pappoe, MD, Chief Medical Officer: Women Power Players in Health IT
Through its partnerships with medical groups, nephrologists, health systems and payors, Strive manages over 56,000 complex CKD and ESKD patients across 16 states.
ABOUT STRIVE HEALTH
Strive Health is the nation’s leader in value-based kidney care and partner of choice for innovative healthcare payors and providers. Strive’s core solutions include Population Health, Strive Care Partners™ (a value-based nephrology platform) and Complete Dialysis. Using a unique combination of high-touch care teams, predictive analytics, advanced technology, seamless integration with local providers and next-generation dialysis services, Strive forms an integrated care delivery system that supports the entire patient journey from chronic kidney disease to end-stage kidney disease. Strive partners with commercial and Medicare Advantage payors, Medicare, health systems and physicians through flexible value-based payment arrangements, including risk-based programs. Strive’s case management and population health programs are accredited by the National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA), and its technology platform, CareMultiplier™, is certified by HITRUST. For more information, visit Twitter, LinkedIn or www.strivehealth.com, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
(1) Compares the rate of optimal starts for patients enrolled in the Strive program to that of unenrolled patients across all active Strive markets. Optimal starts is defined as a planned start of renal replacement therapy by receiving a preemptive kidney transplant, initiating home dialysis or initiating in-center hemodialysis via AVF or AVG.
(2) Compares the all-cause hospitalization rate for Complex patients who are engaged in the Strive program to a historical benchmark. “Complex” is the highest-risk tier in Strive’s composite risk scoring model, which uses factors such as the Charlson Comorbidity Index, CDC Social Vulnerability Index and prior hospital visits.
(3) Compares the 30-day hospital readmission rate for patients enrolled in a Strive health system ACO program to a three-year historical benchmark.