Detroit Kidney Care KCE, LLC is a Joint Venture between Strive Health,St. Clair Specialty Physicians, P.C.,Michigan Kidney Consultants, P.C., and Kidney Disease and Hypertension Consultants, P.C.
Shared Savings and Losses
Proportion of any Shared Savings invested in infrastructure, redesigned care processes, and other resources necessary to improve outcomes and reduce Medicare costs for Beneficiaries: Will be posted when results are available
Proportion of Shared Savings distributed to KCE Participants and Preferred
Providers: Will be posted when results are available
Quality Measure Performance: Will be posted when results are available. These include:
Gains in Patient Activation Scores at 12 months (“PAM”)
Depression Response at 12 months-Progress Toward Remission
Optimal ESRD Starts
Performance Year 2022 Shared Savings will be reported in November, 2023.
Quality Measure Performance for Performance Year 2022 will be reported in November, 2023.
Who is Strive Health?
Strive Health’s kidney care platform is designed for total care of chronic kidney disease and end stage renal disease in a value-based setting. We work with payors and providers to put the patient first, improve outcomes, and lower cost of care
Your kidney care doctor is partnering with Medicare to improve the care of patients with chronic kidney disease in a new program called CKCC.
The Comprehensive Kidney Care Contracting(“CKCC”) model’s goal is to improve the education and understanding of kidney disease, prevent your disease from getting worse, and reduce unnecessary hospitalizations and complications. The model does this by:
• Ensuring you see your kidney doctor and primary care physician on a regular basis to manage your kidney disease and other health conditions
• Providing care management services to help coordinate your care, understand your medical condition and medications, and assist with things that may be preventing you from following your care plan
These services may include:
• Discussion of kidney disease stages and what stage you are in
• Help with understanding your treatment options
• Collaboration on ways to improve your health
• Coordination of transportation to your doctor’s appointment
• Assistance with scheduling a doctor’s appointment
• Medication review
• Resources for affordable medications
• Dietary recommendations
• Making other services available to keep you healthy which may include home visits after an inpatient discharge, telehealth visits, and enhanced education opportunities.
No, your doctor is still practicing in the same group and location.
No, your Medicare benefits have not changed.
• You can still go to any provider you choose.
• You may be eligible for additional support or benefits under this new program called CKCC.
January 1, 2022.
Strive Health is working closely with your doctor to provide these additional services. Strive Health will be contacting you via phone or letter to enroll in the program. You can also contact StriveHealth’s enrollment team at: 347-905-4231
We are a team of Nurse Practitioners, Registered Nurses, and a Care Coordinators (Kidney Heroes™) that assists with a variety of healthcare issues with special expertise in and focus on kidney health.
• We are available 24/7 to answer beneficiary questions and concerns
• We spend time with patients to understand their healthcare goals and partners with them to achieve them
• We journey alongside our patients as a team and support system
• Strive’s team will work as an extension of your physicians
Some services such as care management visits may be available to you at no cost while other touch points are available to you at the typical Medicare cost. If you see a Strive Health nurse or nurse practitioner for a medical appointment, either in person or via telehealth, the charge is the same as any other clinic visit.
You can call Medicare and opt out of data sharing. We encourage you to participate because we think these extra services will help to keep you healthy.
If you have questions or concerns about the model or want to opt out of sharing data, you can contact Medicare at : 1-800-Medicare